Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > My Open House Experience

Dylan T. Johnson
Limited Member

The day before my Open House on 1221 Oasis Dr., I canvassed the neighborhood knocking on doors and introducing myself as I was trained by Kevin. I offered the homeowner a flyer and continued to explain that we were having an Open House the next day. I went through all the steps and after several hours (and 35 flyers) of practicing my questions, I was pretty comfortable. I did get one lead from a neighbor about the family next door "teetering" on selling. I did the next step on approaching the homeowner and after talking briefly with her, she explained to me that she had food cooking (I could smell it so I didn't take it as a brush off) and that her husband wasn't home. I plan on approaching them this week again with another flyer and a business card. It was a great start and I spoke with a lot of people in that neighborhood and felt a good connection, so I plan on cultivating that.

The next day, I started getting ready about an hour and a half early and had my signs posted at strategic points to the house. I got the banner up and "staged the house wit lighting and a sign-in sheet. After about an hour, I stepped out onto the pation to get some air and stretch after sitting/ waiting, I came back in and nearly bumped serveral people inside. We were all a bit surprised at each other. At the end of the day, I had tallied up two hot buyer leads, and connected with a few neighbors who saw me the day before. My sign-in sheet had 9 people who came through and my broker went ballistic when I gave him the count. It was his listing and he said that that many people turning up in an Open House in our area was a phenomenon.

--

Dylan Taylor Johnson, Real Estate Agent 
Exit Strategy Realty
Local Specialty: Barstow, Lenwood, Newberry Springs, Yermo CA
Direct: 760 927-7449
Office: 760 256-2299 ext.103
www.dtjrealty.com

My Office and I participate in the i-FAStTRAC Program

September 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.